Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Ongoing saga of... THE FLUTE!

God works in mysterious ways. For those of you who read the beginning of this tale it has been 22 days & still no flute. Dearest, who has all the patience of a hungry shark, was starting to make, 'ring those people' noises. I deal with homeschool suppliers who run home business while homeschooling & have waited longer than 22 days for supplies. I hadn't even begun to panic though it did seem a little odd. After all they are a big, reputable company. No homeschoolers here.

So we trotted off to band today still with our hired instrument & Cass lamenting she would not be home to get the post; she has taken to haunting the letterbox waiting on 'her' parcel. I should also point out Dearest NEVER, & I do mean NEVER, answers the phone. His sons complain bitterly about that fact. So I was shocked to find that he did answer the phone today. He got the paranoid salesman who had been away for 2 weeks with his band & returned to work today to find our cheque taped to his computer screen & that they had SOLD OUR FLUTE!!!! First day back at work & he had to ring us with that news, poor man. He was expecting to be abused all over the shop I am quite sure but Dearest is much cagier than that & much better in these situations than I am. I would have been too stunned to do more than murmmer,' that's ok, no problem; We'll wait till you get another one in.' Not so Dearest. Having done the, 'these things happen' number he asked what sort of a deal the man could do him on a new flute. Nothing delights Dearest's heart so much as a good haggle & an even better bargain. An extra 100 bucks & Cass gets a brand, spanking new flute of our brand of choice. And it's being sent express post at their cost! Don't try & tell me that's not God!

No comments: