Sunday, July 22, 2007

Proud mummy moment.

Cass, bless her little cotton socks, has just cleaned up at the art show! There was only one overall winner & she is it. I believe there is a monetary reward~ which we didn't know when we entered. I promise I will try & post pictures when we get her art work back; I assume we are getting it back. The funny thing is I liked her abstracts & I adored her picture of wood ducks but the painting that clinched it is the one I actively dislike though I admit the idea is good. Cass did an outline of our island but painted it using the Aboriginal technique of dots (migraine making I think) then painted one hand red & one white & handprinted the island. The theme was our heritage so the idea was particularly good; it's just I really don't like the actual painting ~ but then I don't have to do I. I thought she'd be rather chuffed but we missed the award announcements due to choir rehearsals & truth be told, Cass never looks back, only ahead & is no longer all that interested.

But hey! I am chuffed for her. I am chuffed for me too. I looked at all the kids' paintings & most of them were same/same; not an original idea or design amongst them ~ Cass being the notable exception. Had no~one to copy off did she? She had to think it out for herself. And this folks is why homeschooling can still rock my boat. When the going gets tough & my sanity takes a vacation these are 'minties moments' & I know why I do what I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

(I thought "chuffed" meant "upset"; I guess it is "excited"?)

Sorry I haven't been emailing, I need a blog of my own...

Anyway, good news on the art show.

"olive"

Ganeida. said...

Hey Olive!!! So happy to ''see'' you!