All our birthdays start this month. The boys will not be home for theirs. Theo is working, Dino is at sea. I won't be home for it either. Cass is rehearsing all day & we have an in house performance that night. Cass' present will arrive shortly, & somewhat early. We have got her her own student flute. In her own funny way she is absolutely delighted but she worries about how much it has cost. Any time we visit the music shop Cass wanders round listing all the instruments she would like to own & play so she knows to the last cent what they cost ~ even a 2nd hand student flute which is all we could afford. Everyone else gets to tighten their belts this week! Just joking.
I am pressing all my panic buttons. Cass has been shortlisted for the intermediate community band which rehearses on the mainland ~ one reason for now thinking the child should have her own instrument. Plus she has been invited to join a choir ensemble ~ which also rehearses on the mainland. No, I do not want to live on the mainland but I am spending far more time than I like there just at present. I am thinking Cass needs a job to help pay for all this but jobs are scarce on the island & she's a month short of being 12. Her sister is offering to help pay (how sweet is that?) but that isn't really fair & she has her own things to save for. However as this is God's deal He will have to provide.
To add to my present woes & when I am particularly time deprived, the washing machine died. Then Dearest, who is on a disability pension & in chronic pain, had to be rushed to the dr.s with muscle spasms. Came out of the surgery to a flat tire, which Dearest was in no condition to change (having just been shot with a relaxant) & his 45k weaking of a wife couldn't. God bless the good samaritans who did it for me! Then noticed we need new tires on the car. I just drive the thing; maintance I do not have time for ~ but it seems I will have to make time. Wonder where I will aqueeze that from? Not to mention I have yet to order the curriculum I need next week. Oh, then there is the art exhibition that is just going up now. Cass has several entries in & from what I have seen so far she has a good chance of picking up a prize so I must make time to take her down for a look as she hasn't seen any of the other entries & was really keen to know what everyone else had done for their entries. She has no expectations of winning anything & does not have a competitive nature. So nice after my sports mad competitive ones. I think I will be pleased when we start schooling again. I will HAVE to be home a little more.
1 comment:
Yipee! I see pictures! How fun! Your girls are lovely and I was warmed by Liddy wanting to help pay for Cass' flute! Just when your kids have made you lose your mind, they turn around and do something sweet! Our son Charles is the only musical talent in our family, he plays the guitar. I in turn play the radio!
I sympathize with the car troubles, tires and everything seeminly happening at once! There were times in my life, that I was "too poor to even pay attention". God always made a way for the things I truly needed. He still does that!
Looking forward to seeing more
pictures! I think I'm going to do a "house tour" after we get home from vacation. I'll post the pictures on my blog and see if others want to do the same. It will be fun to "visit" other peoples homes!
Connie
Post a Comment