Sunday, May 20, 2007

Random notes.

Friday it rained. The rain thundered down & the wind whined. The bay churned unhappily so Saturday's outing got cancelled. Saturday dawned calm & fair. Outing back on. Now this outing was with friends, Cass' piano teacher & her wheelchair bound sister. With the wheelchair there were still two spare seats so who would like to go? The Duvyken was back in town & moored at the maritime museum.

The Duvyken is an 18th C replica spice ship, very pretty. Cass & I went over her last time she was in port. It took Cass all of 20 minutes to see everything there was to be seen & then she asked if she could climb the rigging. Liddy is now out of her sling so we sent her instead. She was unlikely to want to climb the rigging. She was a little unlucky. The owners have decided the hold is off limits so Liddy couldn't go into the bowels of the ship as we did & it isn't really her thing but it was a day out & something to do when she has not been able to do very much at all for some time. You can google the Duvyken if you want a virtual tour. I know. Cass used their site to do a visual report of our visit. Cass & I went to soccer as usual.

My older daughter & I do share some characteristics when it comes to sport & especially when it comes to soccer. One is being able to find space. My skill level is low so enough space to think in & organize my feet is necessary. The other is being able to read the game. Now Liddy reads the game & is in position early. I read the game, analyze it & move too late, which is how come I took a ball to the face. I am sporting a split & swollen lip. The opposition's back suggested I might like to take up boxing instead. Ha, very ha! Luckily I preached last Sunday!

Talking of which; I wrote everything up for my blog, typed in my title & posted, at which point Liddy arrived & gazing over my shoulder let out a wild whoop of laughter. My title read: Mothering Sinday!!!! We are still cackling about it. The mind boggles.

No comments: