The computer sits in our bedroom, mostly because this is the safest room in the house. It normally gets shut down when Theo comes up to bed; he objects to the click~clack of an exhuberant typist. This being a long weekend none of the boys are home & Liddy took the opportunity for a late night chat with the homeschool buddies she has. The sound of typing doesn't normally bother me so I happily went to bed & left her click~clacking away in the dark bathed only in the blue halo of the computer screen.
Hours later I was woken by a frantic,'Mum!Mum!' Only half awake & hopeful whoever it was would go away & let me finish sleeping I mumbled, ' mmm...'
'Mum!' Liddy had resorted to shaking me. 'What's the rest of this scripture?' she asked heading back to the computer. Blearily I resonded on automatic pilot & prepared to submerge. 'Don't go back to sleep!' Liddy hissed frantically. Embroiled in a theological discussion with her Catholic friend she wanted me wide awake & functioning to provide the theological ammunition!!! Half an hour later, & me with a migraine kicking in, the poor guy on the other end opted for retreating with honour.
Liddy is perfectly capable of fighting her own theological debates but it is much easier to rely on mother's memory (because she uses a translation conducive to memorisation) than go to the bother of cross~checking herself with the concordance. She is also a slower thinker & mum is handy with the quick comebacks. I just wish she'd choose her times better.
1 comment:
It's hard enough to engage my brain in any kind of depth when I'm wide awake, let alone being wakened from a deep sleep!
How wonderful though that she DID wake you up! She's obviously seen your example of how important spending time in the Word is and knew she could count on you.
If I could, like Solomon be given my request, I would ask for all of my children and grandchildren to have a love and a passion for the Word! I would ask for a deeper love for myself while I was at it!
Happy Sunday!
Connie
Post a Comment