My whole household is weird, not just the cat. Cassie was doing her chores the other day (taking out the trash & the compost) when we hear, ‘ISSI! ISSI!’ Issi’s the cat & he likes to ambush Cass & bite her ankles so I figured that was all that was going on & ignored it. Next thing Cass’s voice goes up several more decibels & there’s a note of hysteria in it ~ NOT unusual with Cass; she’s a drama queen. I sigh & go to investigate. There’s Cass standing jiggling on the stairs screeching her head off & the cat’s no~where to be seen. Cass’s beside herself so it takes time for her to get out the cat’s under a hunk of timber with a snake. Well it wasn’t going to be Cass going after the cat I can assure you. She’s terrified of snakes. I go grab the cat who’d been having a ball poking at something so delightfully wriggly & was NOT happy about being dragged inside & scolded for ½ an hour by Cass. Like he understood, right? Duh! Then the next night the girls & I had been doing some messages in the car & when we came home there’s a dirty great snake in the middle of the road eyeing off the cat for dinner. Mass hysteria ~ & guess who got to get out of the car to go get the cat? Honestly between Cass bellowing at the cat & Liddy bellowing at Cass to be quiet it’s a wonder the snake didn’t die of fright! And my family thinks I'm weird!
It's been exceptionally warm & I guess the snakes are on the move for a good dinner before hibernating but I hope that's the last one we'll see for a while.
1 comment:
Oh you are brave! Just the mention of snakes gives me the shivers! Wow, what a scene. Thank you so much for your cheerful note on my first blog. I just found out how to write back, so that's why the delay...no laughing allowed...one of these days I'll get high-teched, right? Great job!
Post a Comment