Saturday, March 17, 2007

Missionary musings.

Liddy is 17. She's the sort of girl who gets me a lot of praise ~ sweet, thoughtful, kind (little sister excepted). She jokes she's the perfect child. She also wants to go on the mission field.

All those years ago when I was chatting to the Lord about how having boys was all very well & good & nice enough in its way but what about a girl, just for a change? I might have mentioned something about her being His. I think I envisioned a Sunday school teacher but nope, my soccer mad enthusiast wants to work with street kids in South America. They play soccer there.
It's on the other side of the world from here! A long, long way from home.

We've had 3 years where Liddy's been really sick with CFS & came home to school. I've listened to her late at night when she's wept becuse she thought all her dreams were ending. Liddy never weeps. We grew a lot closer. She finished school last year, got a job really close to home. Now God is opening doors for her. There's such a thing as a 'sports mission'? And yes, it goes to South America & the street kids.

I've never found letting go particularly easy & I know this one is going to really hurt even thoughI'm terribly proud of her, really excited for her & 100% sure this is God's will for her life. C'est vrai!

2 comments:

Constance said...

I'm stopping by from "Laughoutloud's" site whom I found through "Life In A Shoe" and so on....

I don't have any children in faraway countries although our oldest daughter and her family live over 600 miles away. When we allowed her to move in with her real father when she was 12, it broke my heart even though we knew it was the Lord's will. Who would've thought that that was HER mission field?! I know I certainly didn't! Because of God's grace and a firm foundation, she has grown into an exceptional, Godly woman! In a few years, when you look back at your daughter's life, you will also be amazed at how God has used her for HIS purposes. And to think we get to be used by God, molding and influencing these precious children for service to Him!
Hugs from Texas,
Connie

Ganeida. said...

Oooh, thank you constance. I love my kids so much it hurts. Releasing them to God's will still isn't easy, at least not for me.

Funny how we go round each others blogs. I've seen your comments round & read some of your blog but didn't want to comment 'cause I didn't feel I knew you well enough. Now you've 'introduced yourself I won't be so silly & shy.