I have 5 children & I homeschool; you think I wouldn't be off with the fairies at least some of the time?
Friday, April 06, 2007
Easter.
I love Easter. It's not just that the weather is cooler & the days a glorious mix of sunshine & little whiffling breezes, or that Quandamooka (the Aboriginal name of our bay) is darkly blue & so still the reflections never waver. Nor is it the fact our holidays begin on Good Friday & we have 2 weeks school free. Easter is the greatest mystery. At its heart is love, of the father for the son & the son for the father, of their love for us. And when I sit & think about all the drama central to Easter ~ the betrayal, the loss, the despair late at night in the garden, the cruelty & the agony ~ I also wonder about the drama not told us. What was going on in the heart of the father then? As a parent I am stunned He bore it, knowing sin would finally break the link between Him & His son. How He must have grieved. What of the angels? How did they bear seeing the King of Kings so mistreated? How the heart of God must have wept when he could no longer look on the beloved son, with whom He was well pleased. We catch only a glimpse of the angusih in Jesus cry, 'My God! My God! Why have you forsaken me?' It is a wonder & a glory to me, Easter. Oh, I like chocolate too, dark & bitter, but we aren't doing eggs this year. No~one in my house really likes milk chocolate so I have bought chocolates & Cass has made little boxes for everyone for Christ is risen & because he lives so too will we.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is such a wonderful promise..that because He was risen, we can be too.
Happy Easter to you. (I found your blog through "Life in the Shoe")
I am guessing that most of us, being human (which means self-centered) never thought of God's anguish over the death of His Beloved Son. We always tend to put things into our finite perspectives.
Here is the One who has been with God since before creation and He was ripped away from Him by the very beings He had created!
Too many times we never ponder or spend a lot of time reflecting upon things, we never go beyond the surface.
I think it's a combination of things. We are wrapped up in ourselves and our daily lives. We don't have the infinite perspective that God does. We become uncomfortable and squirm because our unworthiness is SO blatant!
Praise God for His redeeming love! Where would we be without it? A sad, pitiable mess, that's where!
Happy Easter!
Connie
Post a Comment