Aaargh! I knew spring was here! Last night...midnight... & Theo hisses up the stairs, trying to be quiet, 'Mum! Mum! Hold the cat!'
Good quetion.
I stumble out of bed & down the stairs. The cat does not want to be held. He is a most unhappy puss & squirming to be let loose. Theo arms himself with a broom & I hear all the furniture downstairs being moved around. It is only a matter of time before Cass surfaces. More bellowing for mum. I plonk the cat in our bedroom feeling much better being where I can see what's going on than listening anxiously as Theo lunges round the lounge room after a snake that very definitely does not want to be caught. Cass, who does not like snakes, needs her light on for reassurance.
Definitely no paddling through the house at night without the lights on ~ & no, Theo didn't catch the snake. It sensibly found some hole to slither through & will be well gone by now.
Aaargh!
And what was Theo doing up at midnight? Well, he slammed his hand in the car door on Sunday requiring a trip to the doctor's to have two nails punctured to release the pressure behind them & his hand has been unusable for several days. He will lose the nails. I can only imagine he was on a Panadol hunt when he nearly stepped on the snake. He doesn't like snakes either. So why was he trying to catch it? Good question.
3 comments:
It sounds like it's been pretty lively at your house! I forget that you're moving into Spring and we are moving into Fall (although here in Texas, it's still pretty hot). I liked the ducks as well! She did a fabulous job! Have a great day!
Connie
Hey Connie, Where in Texas?
We are in west/central Texas, and, CelticRose, while we have seen many snakes (all diamondbacks) in the yard and around the house, I've never had one inside. I think I would be hiding in my room with the light on, and let the cat chase the snake.
Um, that last comment was from me, Oliveplants
Post a Comment