I do not function well on 4 hours sleep ~ which is all I got between performances & it will be some time before Cass comes back to earth ~ but she has been so good with all the travelling & the endless sitting still & quiet for the sound & lighting technos. She has loved everything about theatre ~ no surprises there! And what little girl wouldn't prefer the glitz & glamour to dull old school work? I am already being squeezed for her to continue with the choir ensemble. She has got her father on side but he doesn't leave the island. It will be me doing all the running around. OK, so I like it too. I am just a little wary of the whole 'drama, drama, drama' thing & Cass has stars in her eyes.
Cass has learnt so much from doing a professional performance ~ & I am still giggling having sat through endless rehearsals until even my dull brain picked up that the sopranos were having trouble with their counting; so I heard the sopranos falter in Honour the Earth & that their counting was wrong. 'It was sooo scarey,' Cass confessed. 'A~ (the choir master) just glared at us & lots of people stopped singing! Not me. I counted right. We are so dead!' Eye roll.
She is going to really miss the weekly rehearsals & there is all the catching up to do with her school work but I have promised we'll now do the community band, more professional than the school one, & that she can do this again next year regardless of whether or not she is allowed to join the ensemble full time. I think I will lose that battle, though if I am lucky not till next year. Over the next few days, as we settle back into our regular rountine & things return to as calm as they ever are around here, I am sure things will spring to mind that I will want to remember & blog about. Just now all I can think about is how exhausted I am & that anyone who does this for a living is completely & utterly insane!
1 comment:
Thanks for adding the pictures on your side bar! It's always fun to get an inside peek of people. It's kind of like when you receive pictures from your pen pals! Which I had one years ago by the way, she livd in Queensland. (I haven't thought about her in years until just now. It was one of those things where, she just stopped writing me. I never did know what became of her!) Our internet and cable TV have been out almost the whole weekend due to a really bad car accident right by our house. Some neighborhoods were without electricity for a long time. This has been my first chance to get on and truoy play catch-up.
Deep breath, you survived!
Grins,
Connie
Post a Comment