We had a guest speaker on Sunday. This particular lady is excellent; her focus is mission to our schools, our kids. She likes to get her audience fired up. I don't fire well. Firstly I expect the world to behave like the world & tend to just roll my eyes. Secondly when I get asked what gets me fired up it's not the world. It's Christians acting like the world! I can feel a rant coming on so I will stop there.
However! ... amongst the exhortations to outreach she made a point that has stayed with me & it's stayed with me because I've got runners. Dino, Theo & Liddy are/were all long distance runners & regularly made up the bulk of the tag~team for the relay. Long time past, I was a sprinter. I usually ran last. I can't believe I was ever that fast! My kids have been running circles round me for years...but I digress.
The Point? Yes, there is one & I'm getting there! Christianity is like a relay. The faith has been handed on from generation to generation but for us, if you believe as I do, that we have entered into the end times, the stakes are considerably higher. We are the anchor leg, the last runners. We have to be the strongest & fastest to cover lost ground. We can't afford to 'drop the baton', to be distracted or jog along comfortably. We must run our hearts out. God is counting on us to finish the race strongly. I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me. Thank goodness I don't have to do it in my own strength or we'd be going nowhere fast!
1 comment:
Wow, that's pretty thought-provoking! I am a visual person so those kinds of pictures make more of an impact on me and my whole thought process! I too, believe that we are on "borrowed time" in God's final countdown. Many times, as I look at the world around us, I wonder if the Lord will come back in my lifetime? There sure are many indications that He's ready to do just that!
Connie
Post a Comment