Monday, June 11, 2007

The Ughs.

We have had an 'ughy' few weeks plagued by a low grade fever, tummy upsets & an ongoing migraine. Very ugh! In amongst this bedlam I came downstairs one morning to find Dino cutting his cast off with the kitchen scissors, Cass acting as his surgical nurse & Liddy offering a running commentary on how stupid he was being. His new skip had rung & he was heading back to sea. Ugh! Twenty minutes before he was due to head for a boat he was meandering around the house hunting up his sea boots, apron & wet weather gear, none of which he'd seen since he dropped them on my floor as he arrived home 6 months ago. Boys! Ugh!

Ten days later he rang to say he'd be home on the next boat: he wasn't. He was rather late & had brought all his washing home for mum but it never got done. Eight hours later he was heading back out with all his dirty washing intact & disturbed the entire house. Theo hadn't realised Dino was home, wandered into the bedroom for something & got the fright of his life when the bedclothes heaved! That meant Cass was awake very early. Ugh!

Friday Cass & I headed into town to sell off her old maths curriculum so we can afford to buy the new science curriculum! This would have been lovely ~ new homeschooling family, talking shop, wandering round the shops. Unfortunately we had a sudden cold snap & the wog kicked in. With the wog came a whopper of a migraine. Double ugh! Cait hates it when I get sick like that hours from home & on public transport. I think she has visions of us being stuck on the bus forever.

There is light at the end of this ughy tunnel. Liddy went back to work this morning! Yay, for Liddy. So was so excited. Just 3 hours to start with but I think she will find she is much tireder than she expects to be & 3 hours will be quite enough, thank you. Ugh!

1 comment:

Constance said...

I'm glad you're back. I've been checking in on you almost every day. Hopefully you'll be over all of that ugh-liness!
Grins,
Connie